We feel it’s important to share what we are doing ‘behind the scenes’ and why. Being clear about our environmental impact and governance is important.
Living Memorial is an all-natural product created by Natural Transition Ltd. By its nature, production of Living Memorial has to be done at our production facility. However, where possible our management team work from home to reduce our environmental impact and to support our staff wishes. Our official address is held at West Bridgford Business Centre, 29 BRIDGFORD ROAD, WEST BRIDGFORD, NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND, NG2 6AU
Company type: Private Limited
Company Company number: 11188201
Aims of Living Memorial:
- To create an easily accessible product to mitigate the harmful impact of cremated remains
- Supply evidence-based research into the impact of cremated remains
- Promote the use of our blended soil in communal and private areas
- To improve education of this issue in the UK
- To work with global partners and researchers to improve and innovate the blended soil
- To celebrate the positive impact business can make
- To work alongside other partners as opportunities arise, e.g community groups
- Be transparent in our aims and practices
- To support the Sustainable Development Goals
Our VisionWe hope to see a world where our blended soil is used in all public and private spaces where cremated remains are buried or scattered. We also desire it to be easily available for individuals to use at need.
Our mission to make this a reality, is to provide education via online and printed information as well as advice and support to funeral professionals.
Giving BackWe take part in activities that promote improvements to our local community, for example litter picks. We also support Sherwood and Fluff, a local organisation working to reduce the feral cat population with compassion.
Our support includes buying a set amount of cat food each month, and offering free professional services.e.g. Graphic design, marketing and business products.
Our SuppliersWe work hard to work with local suppliers where possible, and believe this is often preferable to a more ‘eco-friendly’ product from overseas. Where possible we source the most environmentally positive option. These decisions are based on availability, purchase numbers, speed of requirement and, of course, cost.
Our blended soil is made in the UK from completely organic UK-sourced matter, and is completely peat-free.
Our staff are all paid a Living Wage.
Our packaging is either 100% home compostable, reusable, or recyclable.
Our brochures and leaflets are printed on either FSC-approved or recycled paper. We use a local independent business DW Printers for all our printed materials.